Posts Tagged ‘MAC’
Not that long ago Firefox was the best thing on the earth. Remember laughing at your fuddy-duddy coworkers or friends still using internet explorer or safari?
Looks like the joke is on us.
My system has basically started working at a snails pace anytime I have FireFox (or as Bill TB calls it Fox Fire ) open. Today alone it has crashed 8 times – and its only 10:45 AM.
What I have learned is this
- Firefox cannot handle AJAX based web sites well – load a page with google analytics and voila – crash
- The tabs – the more you have open the worse things will be – my limit is just 4- anything more than this and the resources on my Mac go to crud
Its time for me I fear – just like Bill TB – to Fire the Fox !
A Recent MAC convert (ok so has this church speek gone just to far? ? ? )I had to hunt to find those little apps that have helped me become more productive.
I hope these all help you as well:
- ANXIETY: www.anxietyapp.com In short – this clever little task manager allows your to-do list to stay in front of you all the time. It plus into the iCal and Mail databases and allows a small translucent window remind you of what your tasks are. A must for any ADHD Mac User (is there any other kind?)
- DESKTOP CURTAIN: www.manytricks.com/desktopcurtain If you have ever needed to take a screen snapshot – here is the tool to do just that.
- CYBERDUCK: www.cyberduck.ch While browser-based uploaders have their place – when it comes time for heavy-duty ftp and sftp – you really need an application. that is where this little free application comes in.
- ADIUM-X: www.adiumx.com If you chat – and use multiple clients – STOP already and get this one… I only wish it had Skype support. If your addicted to Voice or Video Chat then Adium is not for you – its text only… the way things used to be (only a short few years ago.
I will post more later – but these should get you started…