Posts Tagged ‘Chatter’
I was chatting the other night with @cyberentomology and he told me that they had stopped some of the p2p and napster stuff cold on their network @ COR.org
This got me thinking about how – so much bandwidth is used sharing files, videos, audio etc… during the average work day (can anyone say “Traffic Shaping” 3 times fast after having a moca-latte?)
Anyhow -I began to check a few of the church networks I help support on the side and wow – amazing what do I find – but tons of P2P stuff going on…
Imagine if the RIAA ever came to your church …
Just in time with my thinking / I find this article about Comcast now turning a 180 and declaring love for p2p
So – are you guys blocking this from your boarder? @ your gateway ? or just allowing it to come in?
ok – so I just found what might just the best Flocking Browser on the face of the internet…
I am testing www.Flock.com ‘s new browser (Mozilla / Firefox based) to actually write this blog posting.
The browser allows me to interact in one place with flickr, youtube, my blog, facebook – and a slew of other social networking tools…
Isn’t it time for you to start flocking ?
I received the following email from Rick Warren?:
Dear fellow pastor and church leader,
This next Saturday, August 16, 2008, I will interview Senators John McCain and Barack Obama for an hour each at our nationally televised Saddleback Civil Forum on the Presidency. The following morning I will be preaching a message entitled “The Kind of Leadership America Needs.”
I’d value your opinion and feedback. What question would you ask BOTH candidates if you had the chance? Please frame your question in a way that it could be asked of both candidates (to be fair) and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. This would be a great help to me.
We’re in this together. I also ask you to pray I’ll have the necessary wisdom. This will be an historic event. Never have the two candidates been interviewed by a pastor in a church. It will be a great day for all churches, showing the importance of the local church being at the civil table.
I thank God he has called you to serve Him. For the global glory of God.
Purpose Driven Network
The Global PEACE Coalition
I wrote back:
Do you consider your faith in God to be the Ground Zero in all your decision making? and if so – what are your non-negotiables based upon that faith?
What would you ask the canidates?
The Revenge Encyclopedia is a book that is all about getting even.
I love reading this thing – especially being a practical joker… It offers almost 1,000 ways to exact revenge on those who have wronged you. For instance, how many of you have loaned books out to people who never returned them or lost them?
According to The Revenge Encyclopedia here’s what you do:
- Print off a bunch of labels that have the person’s name and address who lost your books. Include this announcement on the label: “If this book is lost and you return it, I will pay you $10 cash.”
- Next, purchase some hardback books at a garage sale and paste the labels on their inside covers.
- Leave the labeled books all over in parks, buses and restaurants.
- Then imagine this person’s face after the 10th caller tries to return a book and collect the money.
Vengence is Mine says our Lord…
I must admit at times I find it hard not to take revenge… today I saw the man that took advantage of me as a child… I struggle with this.
I told myself that if I ever saw this guy I was going to get even….
I had to stop and just forgive.
Imagine that – I had to forgive…
I realized that my Han was simply not letting this situation go – not letting this situation be handled by God… and… this situation that happened so long ago is exactly the thing that has been stopping me from being forgiven …
What have you not given up? What is your han?
A Recent MAC convert (ok so has this church speek gone just to far? ? ? )I had to hunt to find those little apps that have helped me become more productive.
I hope these all help you as well:
- ANXIETY: www.anxietyapp.com In short – this clever little task manager allows your to-do list to stay in front of you all the time. It plus into the iCal and Mail databases and allows a small translucent window remind you of what your tasks are. A must for any ADHD Mac User (is there any other kind?)
- DESKTOP CURTAIN: www.manytricks.com/desktopcurtain If you have ever needed to take a screen snapshot – here is the tool to do just that.
- CYBERDUCK: www.cyberduck.ch While browser-based uploaders have their place – when it comes time for heavy-duty ftp and sftp – you really need an application. that is where this little free application comes in.
- ADIUM-X: www.adiumx.com If you chat – and use multiple clients – STOP already and get this one… I only wish it had Skype support. If your addicted to Voice or Video Chat then Adium is not for you – its text only… the way things used to be (only a short few years ago.
I will post more later – but these should get you started…
Ok – so with this new world where everyone is a member of Facebook – uses Skype and Twitter – I got to thinking how difficult it is to update all the systems together…
After some google searching i discovered a little secret no one seems to know about. There is a Skype robot which will post to your Twitter account.Here are the simple instructions:
1. Add twitter4skype as a contact.
2. Type the following as a single chat message to twitter4skype:
3. The system should return: twitter4skype Registration complete!
4. The next time you write a chat message to twitter4skype, the entry will appear on your account and you’ll receive your friends’ twitters in Skype.
Then – adding TwitterSync to your facebook application makes everything come together…
One last note – if you blog like me – you can add the twitter update to your blog and voila – a nice little update
Give it a try and let me know what you think about having your world come together …
hmmm – this planet is getting smaller and smaller and smaller
Ok – so here is the deal.
Recently I upgraded from my Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 to a Palm Centro.
While I like the simplicity of the Palm Centro – Easier to dial – and work with
I am quite pissed that it suddenly today gave up the ghost.
The phone is in perfect condition – no scratches, or anything…
and yet – when you go to power the puppy on… nothing.
We try a new battery and … voila – Nothing.
Now I will spend a day @ Sprint to waste … nothing but time.